Your time and talent go a long way
Every hour you spend as a Y volunteer translates into the caring attention a child or teen needs to grow up healthy and resilient. It translates into support for families so they can be successful and strong. Into healthier lives for people of all ages, backgrounds, abilities and incomes. Into a safer, more viable community that’s a good place to live and work.
As a Y volunteer, you can lead an exercise class, read to our Preschoolers, coach a basketball team, helping out at a special event, or simply just serve as a role model for young people. No matter how you devote your time, you’ll be working with other volunteers and Y professionals to make a difference in the lives of children and families in your community.
Volunteers are vital to the Y and help accomplish our mission. Without volunteers, the Y wouldn’t be able to meet the needs of the kids, families, and adults who live in our community. When we work together, our whole community moves forward.
Our Volunteers Enjoy:
- A variety of programs to fit personal interests
- Options for one-time, seasonal, and ongoing volunteerism
- Making new friends, networking, and gaining experience
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Kidzone Helper- Monday through Friday 8:30am-11:30am or 4:00pm-7:30pm, Saturdays 9:00am-12:00pm
- Youth Mentor- Evenings, hours are flexible
- Youth Food Program- Sundays 11:30am-1:30pm
Rise ‘N Shine 2018 Volunteer Opportunities!
- Registration – assist with registering race participants, handing out information, packets, and t-shirts.
- 5K Race Route – stay at a station along the race route to direct runners/walkers where to go and cheer them on!
- Bounce House – direct and limit number of people on the bounce house, make sure everyone going on the bounce house is being safe and having fun!
- Games – several different games will be available during the Family Fun Fest including corn hold, hopscotch, Uno, Jenga, ring toss, bowling, and more! We need your help in making sure the games run smoothly for all.
- Mascot- wear a mascot costume and interact with the community cheerfully!
*All Rise ‘N Shine volunteers will receive a free t-shirt, camaraderie with awesome people, and a good feeling for making a difference in your community!
Attention High School students! Need volunteer hours for graduation or NHS? Contact us today!
How to Volunteer
Fill out the quick form below to have someone contact you!
You can also contact Anna Rosbury, Membership, Special Events, and Volunteer Coordinator at 989.895.8596 or at firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Click below to print the interest form and bring into the Y