We care about Your Health!
This novel coronavirus has put us all on high alert, whether that was to protect ourselves, our loved ones, or others in our community. We are acting responsibly here at the Dow Bay Area Family YMCA by cleaning regularly, disinfecting more frequently, and renovating our spaces to allow for better social distancing. We are so proud of our members, too, for acting just as responsibly by making appointments, wiping their equipment, and keeping their distance.
We’re here for the Better. For all of us. Read along to learn more of the benefits of staying active and becoming a member of our Y specifically!
Making Decisions for Your Safety
Our YMCA is taking multiple steps to ensure your safety at our Y during your visit, including:
- We have moved equipment on our fitness floor to allow for better social distancing
- Our staff disinfect frequently touched surfaces multiple times a day
- We require reservations for classes, the pool, 24/7, KidZone, and the courts to help us with contact tracing and to help keep us below capacity
- We have upped our cleaning game
- We have provided enough towels for our members to wipe each piece of equipment they use
- Our staff are required to pass the health screening before every shift
- Our HVAC air ventilation system surpasses all building codes and requirements, providing clean, filtered air up to 6 times per hour
We have been so proud to be able to count on you, our members, to help keep each other safe. When we work together, everyone can enjoy the Y!
- Our members have been incredibly helpful with wiping down their equipment before and after use
- Our members have been acting responsibly by keeping their distance from other members and staff
Benefits of Exercise
As a YMCA, we are here to better one another through Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility. We are proud to remain open and to offer our members different ways to strengthen their bodies and spirits.
Since YMCA’s in Michigan have been able to open in September, not one single COVID outbreak has been recorded. That’s over 5 months of multiple scans and visits without any spread linked to exercising, swimming, or visiting the Y.
The benefits of physical exercise are vast. During a pandemic in which we are worried about leaving our homes and meeting with others, please remember that our Y is safe, and that studies have shown many benefits, physical and mental, to exercise. Studies also show that: