Rise ‘n Shine 2020
Starts August 8, 2020 and ends August 22, 2020
Hope you’ve gotten your beauty sleep because it’s time to Rise ‘n Shine!
This year, we’re going virtual! A virtual 5K allows race participants to run or walk their race anywhere they would like to at any time of the day!
Rise ‘n Shine is our largest fundraiser of the year. As a non-profit, the YMCA’s Cause is to strengthen the foundations of our community through Youth, Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility. We refuse to turn anyone away from becoming a member or participating in our programming due to financial reasons. The Financial Assistance Program ensures that ALL are truly welcome to the YMCA. Your support by running in the races or donating to our program endorses your belief in creating a better, happier community by providing youth programming, health and wellness, and an opportunity to give back. Help support the year-round work the YMCA does in our community!
Virtual race timeline begins August 8, 2020 and ends August 22, 2020.
You have 2 weeks to complete your race. This can take place anywhere at any time.
What’s included in your Virtual 5K
Before the Race:
- If you’d like, print your custom race bib (click here for a video about how to print your bib)
- Receive support and interaction with our amazing running and walking community
- Fund raise for our Cause or refer friends to register for the race and get your race fee refunded! (learn how to become a fundraiser)
- T-Shirt & Medal Pick-up:
If you registered for one of the races on or before July 20th, you are guaranteed a t-shirt! (If you registered after July 20th, don’t worry, we ordered extra but you had better hurry if you’re not signed up yet!) Run the race for our cause, or for one great t-shirt to commemorate your run!
Please visit our YMCA on Thursdays beginning August 6th from 11am to 2pm to pick up your t-shirt and 5k medal before the race!
Curbside Pick-up instructions: Please pull up to the purple tent near the YMCA North Entrance and tell the staff member your name and what race you’re participating in. The friendly YMCA staff will bring your items out to you! For convenience, you may pick up other participants t-shirts as well!
During the Race:
- Complete your 5K at any time during the Rise ‘n Shine timeline: August 8-22
- This could be at home on the treadmill, in your neighborhood, on your vacation — wherever you want it to be!
- Complete your race on ANY DAY at ANY TIME from August 8 through August 22
- Time your run – be honest when submitting!- and have FUN!
After the Race:
- Share your post-race selfie with the hashtag #RNS2020 on Facebook and/or Instagram
- Share your photo to your personal page, or post it directly to the Rise ‘n Shine Event page on Facebook
- Make sure your photo is shareable and public! We want to see all your photos and share them to our page!
- Submit your virtual race time to the Runsignup page
- Unofficial virtual race results will be posted on this page
Rise ‘n Shine 5K: $25 through August 22
Little Rays of Sun 1K: $15 through August 22
Kids Tri ‘n Shine: $15 through August 22
Did you participate in 2019?
Check the 2019 5K Race Results here!
Look at photos from the 2019 events here!