We are so excited to see you again! BEFORE you step foot and check into our YMCA again, we are requiring our members to read and sign our updated Member Agreement. Only one agreement per membership is required.
We want to ensure that all of our members remain safe, happy, and healthy once they return to our Y. We will take this opportunity to educate our members that proper social distancing, being respectful of others and their space, and good hygiene practices will be enforced during your visit. Thank you for your patience and understanding. We can’t wait to see you soon!
MEMBER RELEASE OF LIABILITY STATEMENT
I understand that the Dow Bay Area Family YMCA assumes no responsibility for injuries, which I or my child may sustain as a result of my or my child’s physical condition or resulting from my or my child’s participation in any activities, programs, exercise, or the use of any facility, equipment, or other activities organized or sponsored by the Dow Bay Area Family YMCA & Affiliates. I expressly acknowledge that I assume risk for any and all injuries and illnesses that may result. I will not enter facility if I have symptoms of any kind of medical illness/disease/ailment that could possibly be contracted by others by my use of the facility. In consideration of the privilege of joining, or using the YMCA, I hereby voluntarily release and discharge the Dow Bay Area Family YMCA, its agents, servants, and employees from any and all claims for injury, death, loss, or damage that my child or I may suffer. I understand the Dow Bay Area Family YMCA is NOT responsible for personal property lost or stolen while members and/or program participants are using YMCA facilities or on YMCA premises.
MEMBER/PARTICIPANT CODE OF CONDUCT POLICY
Using the principles of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Inclusion as a guide, we have implemented the following Code of Conduct to ensure that all who participate in the YMCA enjoy a safe, welcoming and comfortable environment. We expect persons using the YMCA to act maturely, to behave responsibly, and to respect the rights and dignity of others. Our Member/Participant Code of Conduct Policy lists examples of prohibited actions. Such actions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Unsafe or inappropriately distracting, immodest, or sexually revealing attire. Swimsuits are required in all pools, hot tubs, saunas, and steam rooms. Clothing with vulgar/profane writing or language is not allowed.
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or any type of menacing behavior.
- Verbally abusive behavior, including swearing or vulgar language, name-calling, or shouting.
- Physical contact with another person in an angry, aggressive, or threatening way.
- Carrying or concealing a weapon or any device or object that may be used as a weapon. (MCL 28.4250)
- Loitering within or on the grounds of the YMCA
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior; any sexual contact with another person on YMCA property, or at YMCA sponsored programs.
- Smoking on YMCA property. The YMCA and its property is a smoke and tobacco free environment (e-cigarettes included).
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property or injury to a person.
- Using, possessing, buying, or selling drugs, narcotics, or illegal chemicals on YMCA property, or at YMCA sponsored programs; or the unsanctioned use, possession, buying, or selling of alcohol.
- Engaging in conduct that unreasonably interferes with another member or staff persons’ enjoyment of the YMCA.
In order to be able to carry out these policies, we ask that members and participants identify themselves to staff when asked. Adherence to the YMCA Code of Conduct Policy is essential. Failure to follow this code of conduct will result in disciplinary actions, which may include immediate eviction from the premises, loss of privileges, suspension or expulsion. The YMCA may contact police or other authorities for assistance or to take appropriate legal action. The CEO, or other authorized representative in his/her discretion, will determine whether a violation of the YMCA Member/Participant Code of Conduct has occurred. Members and participants are encouraged to take responsibility for their personal comfort and safety by asking any person whose behavior threatens their comfort or unreasonably interferes with their enjoyment of the YMCA to refrain from such behavior. Anyone who feels uncomfortable in confronting a person directly is encouraged to report issues or concerns to the attention of the YMCA Staff, who are always ready to be of assistance. Members and participants are also asked to bring to the attention of the CEO any issues or concerns they have which apply to the staff of the Dow Bay Area Family YMCA. Every effort will be made to ensure that reports are investigated and resolved promptly and effectively.
We ask that our members plan their visit by checking our facility capacity with the capacity monitor below. Based on guidelines from the state government, our facility will be required to stay below a certain total capacity for safety. We will be enforcing this capacity, so please refer to the monitor below before you visit to avoid wait times.