Beginning Wednesday, November 18, indoor group activities at the Y will be temporarily paused through at least Tuesday, December 8th under the MDHHS Epidemic Order issued on Sunday, November 15. Please remember to keep a safe distance of 12 feet between yourself and others while exercising at the Y, and to always wear a face covering that covers your nose and mouth while you are here. Thanks for working with us to be safe and healthy! This list outlines which group activities are being temporarily paused under this order:
- All indoor Group Exercise classes – on land and in water
- Some classes are moving outdoors! Visit this page to learn more.
- Basketball (for more than 1 participant per hoop)
- Paddleball (for more than 1 participant per court)
- Racquetball (for more than 1 participant per court)
- Buddy Personal Training
- Group Swim Lessons
We are still offering many great services and amenities that can keep you healthy and strong, provide relief from stress and worry, and allow you to see friendly faces safely. See the list further on this page to learn more about the amenities that we are still able to offer.
The current situation is fluid and everchanging, as such, we at the Dow Bay Area Family YMCA will regularly evaluate available services and procedures and will make changes when applicable. The safety of our members and staff is of the utmost importance, which is why we will follow guidelines from local health departments, and apply them as necessary to our YMCA to keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. Keep in mind that this page will be updated as we learn more.
Before your first visit: Make sure you sign the updated Member Agreement. Only one signed agreement per membership unit is required.
Subsequent Visits: Do you want to get in the lap pool? You will need to make a reservation for a lap pool lane and 24/7 Fitness after hours use, and for open basketball and paddleball/racquetball. Please visit this page to make a reservation. Please also make sure to check the facility capacity before your visit.
Hours of Operation
The Dow Bay Area Family YMCA will be open Monday through Saturday during the following hours:
Monday – Friday 5am-7pm
NEW! Saturday 7am-12pm
24/7 After Hours Access by reservation.
- Dow Bay Area Family YMCA members only
- New members are welcome!
- Members younger than 13 years old are welcome, but must be accompanied by an adult
- No guest passes will be redeemed or sold at this time
- No Nationwide Memberships will be honored at this time
- Face coverings are required at all times, even when exercising, under MDHHS Emergency Epidemic Order
- Children under 5 years old are not required to wear a face covering, but they are highly encouraged to do so.
- Each member must sign the updated Member Agreement before their first entry
Available Services and Programs
The list below are programs and services that are currently available:
- 24/7 Fitness After Hours use by reservation! (use the scheduler below)
- Must have a reservation and scan in and scan out for your appointment at the external 24/7 entrance
- Resistance River use available by reservation! (use the scheduler below)
- Open Basketball Reservations – 1 person per hoop (use the scheduler below)
- 24/7 Fitness during regular business hours (for members aged 60+ or who are immunocompromised)
- Mens & Womens Locker Rooms!
- Showers will be available, however our towel service will remain unavailable. Don’t forget to bring your towel!
- Steam Rooms and Saunas will remain closed
- Please remember to maintain safe social distancing while using the locker rooms!
- Fitness Floor, including all of the Hammerstrength machines, cardio machines, benches, weights, and cable machines
- Outdoor Group Exercise by reservation (use the scheduler below)
- Track for walking only
- Personal Training
- Lockers on the Fitness Floor
- Lap Pool reservations (use the scheduler below)
- Family Locker Room
- Racquetball Court A and B – 1 person per court (use the scheduler below)
- Racquetball Courts C and D for soft workout area and lighter weight lifting
- Lots of hand sanitizer and friendly smiles
Members will enter at the North Entrance only. Each member will be required to complete a health screening before entering. Make sure to check our Facility Capacity before entering to avoid wait times. Unless the capacity dashboard states that we have reached 100% capacity, you are welcome to visit our facility!
Members will then scan their own member ID to access the Y. At the end of their visit, each member will be required to check out before leaving. A staff member will be available to answer any questions that you may have. Members who can answer “yes” to any of the following questions are asked to stay home:
1. Do you have a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
2. Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19? (If contact was made in a professional setting wearing proper PPE, you are exempt from this question)
3. Have you had a fever in the last 72 hours?
4. Have you had new loss of taste or smell?
5. Have you had vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?