Phase 2 Begins Monday, September 28!
Facility Guidelines: Phase 2
The current situation is fluid and everchanging, as such, we at the Dow Bay Area Family YMCA will regularly evaluate available services and procedures and will make changes when applicable. The safety of our members and staff is of the utmost importance, which is why we will follow guidelines from local and state governments, and apply them as necessary to our YMCA to keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. We are ecstatic to begin serving our community again through Health & Wellness and Youth Development, but we must do so responsibly. Please continue reading to learn more about what your YMCA will look like in the new normal. Keep in mind that this page will be updated as we learn more and prepare for other phases.
Before your first visit: Make sure you sign the updated Member Agreement. Only one signed agreement per membership unit is required.
Subsequent Visits: Do you frequent our group exercise classes? Want to get in the lap pool? You will need to make a reservation in Phase 2 for group exercise classes, for a lap pool lane and aquatic classes, and for open basketball and pickleball. Please visit this page to make a reservation and to check the schedule! Please also make sure to check the facility capacity before your visit.
Hours of Operation
The Dow Bay Area Family YMCA will be open Monday through Saturday during the following hours through Phase 1 and Phase 2:
Monday – Friday 5am-7pm
- Dow Bay Area Family YMCA members only
- Members younger than 13 years old are welcome, but must be accompanied by an adult
- New members are welcome!
- No guest passes will be redeemed or sold in Phase 2
- No Nationwide Memberships will be honored in Phase 2
- Face coverings are required at all times, even when exercising, per the Governor’s Order
- Children under 5 years old are not required to wear a face covering, but they are highly encouraged to do so.
- Each member must sign the updated Member Agreement before their first entry
Available Services and Programs in Phase 2
The list below are programs and services that will be made available in Phase 2. Until Monday, September 28, only the services on the bottom of the page under “Available Services in Phase 1” will be offered. Our team will be updating the reservation system. Please be patient when reserving your spot for a class, pool lane, court, or KidZone next week.
- Mens & Womens Locker Rooms!
- Showers will be available, however our towel service will remain unavailable. Don’t forget to bring your towel!
- Steam Rooms and Saunas will remain closed under Governor Whitmer’s Order.
- Please remember to maintain safe social distancing while using the locker rooms!
- Fitness Floor, including all of the Hammerstrength machines, cardio machines, benches, weights, and cable machines
- More players! Open Basketball Reservations – now 4 people per hoop (use the scheduler below)
- Open Pickleball Reservations – 4 people per court (use the scheduler below)
- 24/7 Fitness during regular business hours (for members aged 60+ or who are immunocompromised)
- Track for walking only
- Group Exercise Classes (click here to reserve your spot!)
- TRX classes are back!
- Personal Training
- Lockers on the Fitness Floor
- Added Lane in the Lap Pool–4 lanes now available for reservation (use the scheduler below)
- Make up to 5 reservations per week
- Reservations are for 45 minutes in the pool
- Locker Rooms and shower will be available! Just don’t forget your towel!
- Free Aquatic Group Exercise classes
- Family Locker Room
- Racquetball Court A for up to 2 players at a time (use the scheduler below)
- Racquetball Court B for up to 2 players at a time (use the scheduler below)
- Racquetball Courts C and D for soft workout area and lighter weight lifting
- Swim Lessons
- KidZone Child Watch open Monday-Friday 5:00-7:00pm with reservation (use the scheduler below)
- Lots of hand sanitizer and friendly smiles
Members will enter at the North Entrance only during Phase 2. Each member will be required to complete a health screening before entering. Make sure to check our Facility Capacity before entering to avoid wait times. Unless the capacity dashboard states that we have reached 100% capacity, you are welcome to visit our facility!
Members will then scan their own member ID to access the Y. At the end of their visit, each member will be required to check out before leaving. A staff member will be available to answer any questions that you may have. Members who can answer “yes” to any of the following questions are asked to stay home:
1. Do you have a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
2. Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19? (If contact was made in a professional setting wearing proper PPE, you are exempt from this question)
3. Have you had a fever in the last 72 hours?
4. Have you had new loss of taste or smell?
5. Have you had vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?