School Age Remote Learning Care and Support
The Dow Bay Area Family YMCA has provided multiple childcare opportunities in Bay County and the surrounding community for over 134 years. As an organization centered around Youth Development, we are dedicated to providing a safe environment where children can learn, grow, and thrive. Our YMCA after school program staff are facilitating remote learning and providing essential childcare for parents and families.
Staff will supervise school age children as they complete their online school work and provide educational assistance when applicable. Staff is not responsible for teaching or tutoring children their school material. Staff will also engage with children through Physical Activity and Play.
We are partnering with you to help our students succeed this year. We ask that you speak to your student each night, confirming that they completed or worked on their school work during the day. You may also ask your student what subjects they need help with and relay that information to us each morning, so that we can help support them in the ways that they need.
The Dow Bay Area Family YMCA has adopted these day-to-day safety measures:
- Daily health screenings for staff and children
- Daily temperature checks for children
- Face covering wearing in common areas for children
- Separate meal times to avoid crowding
- Multiple rooms to limit group sizes
- Required face coverings for all staff at all times
- Open to Y-Members and Prospective Members
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Snack included
- What to bring:
- Water Bottle – This is required as drinking fountains are not currently operational. Students may fill their water bottle at the bottle fill stations.
- Face Covering
- Extra snacks will be permitted, but snacks and meals will also be served during the day
- What not to bring:
- Electronic gaming devices
- Remote Learning Hours: 7am-3pm
- After School Care: 3pm-6pm
- Intermittent “Brain Breaks” for play and physical activity
Pricing & Registration
Y-Members $50 per day | $135 per week
Prospective Members $55 per day | $150 per week
Please contact Lacey Wright to register. Space is limited.
Lacey Wright | firstname.lastname@example.org