Lap Pool/Leisure Pool Rules
- Swimming without a lifeguard present is prohibited.
- Breath–holding activities are not permitted.
- Proper swimming attire must be worn at all times.
- Please walk at all times.
- Food not permitted on the pool deck. All drinks must have a closing lid.
- Children under the age of 10 must pass a swim test or be required to be within arms reach of a parent/guardian.
- Hanging on the float lines is not permitted.
- Persons with bandages, open cuts, and wounds are not allowed in the pool.
- Please obey all requests by the lifeguard.
The Dow Bay Area Family YMCA Management reserves the right to modify the rules as necessary. Violation of rules may result in loss of Pool and/or Facility Privileges
- Proper swimming attire must be worn at all times. No t-shirts, cut-offs, or gym shorts.
- No open wounds.
- Showers are mandatory before entering the spa.
- Do not use body lotions, oils, or suntan preparations before entering the spa.
- Limit your use of the spa to 10 minutes.
- Do not submerge to the bottom of the spa.
- Children under 3 years of age are not permitted.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult (18+) in the spa at all times.
- Only 25 people at a time are permitted in the spa.
Heart Conditions: Individuals with a heart condition should check with their physician prior to using the spa.
Pregnant Women: The American College of Obstetricians states that becoming overheated in a hot tub is not recommended during pregnancy.
Children 5 and Under: It is highly discouraged and not recommended that children 5 years old and under use the spa.