While the history of the Y was founded on the basis of Christian Judeo principles, the Mission of today’s Y provides an ecumenical delivery of service through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind, and body for all – regardless of an individual’s religion, race, age, sex, income, or national origin. We achieve this mission by building strong kids, strong families, and strong communities through a broad spectrum of programs for children, youth, adults, seniors, and families.
Core Organizational Values
- The Bay Area Family YMCA challenges members, volunteers and staff to embrace the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in their daily living.
- Caring: expressing sensitivity for the well being of others.
- Honesty: fairness and trustworthiness.
- Respect: understanding and acceptance of all people.
- Responsibility: accountable for one’s actions.